Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sometimes we are the inspiration we seek

I had a moment like that tonight. Rather, a breakthrough, as I like to put it.

I am so excited about trusting my intuition, even if it sometimes seems crazy to do so, that it's overflowing. I was talking to a friend about college, and how she should trust her intuition when it comes to her major.

I think this can be applied to us all in any factor of our lives. Have you ever had that feeling that you should do one thing while someone in your life (or multiple people) are telling you to do something else because it's "safe"? I think we all need to trust our intuition, do what's right for us, and go for it. If you really want it, you'll work for it no matter what. And perhaps you may discover that is not what you really want, but discover something else. There is nothing like progress to show that to you. A step backward can really be a step forward but in a new direction. Like a ball change!

And what is the worst that can happen? If you lose the passion for that one thing, it follows that the passion will be elsewhere. And you just keep going forward. Go for something else. That's part of life! And it's amazing.

So the final part of this story, is that after I talked to her about everything, I got inspired myself and decided in that minute to go for a walk/run. I started my Couch to 5K program. I'll re-continue with my 100 pushup/200 squat/100 situps tomorrow (flip flop days to rest muscles). I'm excited!


So spread joy, inspire others, and be that inspiration you seek!

1 comment:

  1. My intuition has not led me to a wealth of money, but to a wealth of knowledge, conviction and happiness. My wealth of knowledge, conviction and happiness has led me to the conclusion that it is those things that are far more important than money.
    Good for you! I'll be watching for your updates!

    ReplyDelete